30.8.05

Canada Dry

Wolf Parade EP,
teaser du "Apologies to the Queen Mary"

de Wolf Parade

GROUPE :
Dan Boeckner
Spencer Krug
Hadji Bakara
Arlen Thompson



Track List:

1. Shine A Light
2.
You Are A Runner, And I Am My Father's Son
3. Disco Sheets
4. Lousy Pictures

Ils nous arrivent de Montréal.
Ils se sont rencontrés sur un malentendu: "As far as I can remember the story, Spencer was called by Alex Megelas of Grenadine Records to play a show opening for Melon Galia and Arcade Fire. Spencer agreed, although he had no band, so Spencer called up Dan to get something together for the show.
They wrote songs in Spencer's apartment playing with a drum machine through computer speakers.
I got a call about a week before the show from Spencer asking me if I wanted to play a show that Saturday. I agreed and we rehearsed as a full band with amps and PA the day before and the day of our first show. All of the gear was borrowed; I don't think we had any equipment of our own except for Spencer's Juno-4 keyboard.
I am pretty sure that set the precedent of our band always being half-assed..."


Ils nous gratifient d'un 4 titres étonnant avant de balancer leur prochain "Apologies to the Queen Mary":


Tracks:

1. You Are a Runner and I Am My Father's Son
2. Modern World
3. Grounds For Divorce
4. We Built Another World
5. Fancy Claps
6. Same Ghost Every Night
7. Shine a Light
8. Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts
9. I'll Believe in Anything
10. It's a Cure
11. Dinner Bells
12. This Heart's on Fire


Nommé "Canada's Most Anticipated Indie Albums of the Year" selon Time Magazine, déjà les critiques élogieuses tombent....
Pitchfork Review of *Wolf Parade*
Les Choses

Pour plus:

Ecouter un bout de l'album

le site: Wolf Parade

Wolf Parade has a website of sorts
Tiny Mixtapes review of *Wolf Parade*

Aucun commentaire: